Is your business ready for a cyber-attack? Your business may have already suffered from an attack as the government estimates around 50% of UK businesses have suffered as a result of cybercrime in the past 12 months. Consequently, the UK government has created a standard of cybersecurity for businesses to have in place. Now with b2b IT Services, you can ensure your business is backed by the Cyber Essentials certification scheme.
Why your business needs to care about cyber attacks
The average cost of a cyber attack on a small business is £311,000. Can your business afford to take that risk?
As well as the impact cost of a cyber attack, not having the right cyber security in place can be severely detrimental to your business. Cybersecurity is an essential requirement for customers. If you cannot prove to your customers that you take your security measures seriously, then you may lose out on potential business prospects.
The benefits of a Cyber Essentials certificate
1. Customer reassurance – You have proof to present to your customers that you’re serious about protecting your business and clients from cyber attacks,
2. Customer acquisition – Impress your prospects with the fact that you have your cybersecurity plan in place. In fact, some public sector organisations make it a requirement that their suppliers have a Cyber Essentials certificate.
3. Business understanding – You know exactly what measures your business has put in place as well as where your organisation needs to go to improve cybersecurity.
4. Business promotion – Once you have a Cyber Essentials certificate in place, you can be listed on the government directory of organisations awarded with Cyber Essentials certification.
5. Insurance – Expect reduced premiums if you can prove to your insurer that you are actively protecting your business against cyber threats.
6. Prevent and protect – Your business can protect itself from the majority of cyber attacks which can improve the profitability of your business.
What does Cyber Essentials cover?
Cyber Essentials does not promise to give you 100% protection against all cybersecurity threats. However, it covers three main aspects of cyber security which, in turn, covers around 80% of cyber attacks. These three main aspects are;
The standards put in place can help to protect your PCs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, servers and network equipment.
Get Cyber Essentials ready with b2b IT Services
Our expert team can help you to prepare for Cyber Essentials and enable you to achieve certification. Furthermore, we can offer support if you wish to advance to Cyber Essentials Plus which involved more rigorous preparation and is checked by internal and external testing.
The support we offer includes a detailed analysis that finds any areas of improvement, a comprehensive action plan to ensure you can achieve certification based on what you have in place already. What’s more, we’ll help you put in place the cost-effective strategies so your business can stay safe, secure and within budget.
Find out more about getting Cyber Essentials ready and how b2b IT services can help by getting in touch with our cybersecurity experts.