Established in 1991, KPMF is multi-national firm manufacturing high quality self-adhesive vinyl films. Following a period of growth they had outgrown their ageing server setup which was running core applications and data.
They challenged b2b IT Services to devise and implement a virtual infrastructure solution which would support their expansion and ensure minimum restore time in a disaster recovery scenario. With production working 24x7, they also required minimum downtime during the installation.
The proposal was to migrate each of the core roles of the Small Business Server to a separate Windows Server 2012 instance for each (Core AD functionality, Email, File/Print sharing, SQL etc).
- Specify and procure server infrastructure.
- Provision multiple virtual servers in a VMWare environment.
- Install and configure network
- Manage the upgrades of core applications to later versions including Exchange, SQL, Core AD functionality etc.
- Implement Veeam solution to create a high availability environment, with offsite backups adding an extra layer of protection.
- Roll out Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus solution
Factory size: 65,000 ft²
“The impact on the business has been minimal and I couldn’t be happier.”
David Bryant, Project Lead, KPMF